Yoga studies Program
Our Yoga Studies program is for the avid yoga student looking to learn and those considering a career as a yoga teacher. Because many modern yogis wish to study yoga without teaching, we split the program into two modules. Module one encompasses a thorough study into the history, philosophy, and anatomy of yoga while module two focuses on cultivating the ability to teach yoga with confidence, intelligence, and ease. Students may choose to participate in one or both modules.
ABOUT THIS TRAINING:
After years of leading traditional 200-hour trainings, Boston Yoga School has decided to change up the format to better meet the needs of our students. This program is for the avid yoga student looking to learn and those considering a career as a yoga teacher. Because many modern yogis wish to study yoga without any desire to teach, we have split the program into two modules.
Module one, spread over eight weekends, will encompass a thorough study into the history, philosophy and anatomy of yoga. Module two, spread over five weekends, will focus primarily on cultivating the ability to teach yoga with confidence, intelligent and ease. Those hoping to teach must complete both modules. Those simply interested in understanding the science of yoga may enroll in module one without module two. Those who have completed a 200-hour training elsewhere or have Ame's permission may enroll in just module 2. The full program is over 280 hours and meets and exceeds all requirements of Yoga Alliance.
Applicants must have a consistent and dedicated yoga practice. The curriculum is designed to enrich one’s understanding of yoga through classroom study (lecture & practice), reading & writing assignments and time spent with resourceful and gifted teachers. If accepted, students should be prepared to steep themselves in yoga for the duration of the program, both within the scheduled hours and outside of the classroom.
MODULE 1 TOPICS:
- Yoga Asana & Architecture: Crafting a Sustainable Practice
- Anatomy & Physiology of Movement 101
- Living the 8 Limbs: Yoga Philosophy & Ethics
- History of Yoga: Text & Tradition Study
- The Art of Pranayama: Breath as an Investment
- Yin & Restorative Yoga
- Mindfulness & Meditation
- Subtle Body & Energetic Anatomy
- Self-Practice: Tools to Maintain Homeostasis
MODULE 2 TOPICS:
- Yoga Sequencing: How to be Safe & Smart & Build a Template
- Anatomy for Yoga Teachers: Learning to See & be Embodied
- Training Your Voice and Aligning Your Words
- Sanskrit 101
- Practice Teaching & Feedback
- Get Your Hands on Them: Effective Adjustments & Energetic Assisting
- Business of Yoga & Getting Gigs
- Student-Teacher Dynamics and Holding Space
- Avoiding Burn-Out & the Ongoing Practice of Svadyhaya
- A steady and consistent yoga practice
- Attendance at all training dates (exceptions/arrangements may be made for previously scheduled travel, illness or emergencies)
- Willingness to cultivate a meditation practice for the duration of the training
- Completion of all written assignments and ability to demonstrate knowledge produced by reading assignments by the end of the training
To receive a certificate of completion, students must showcase their understanding of the material covered by completing all hours and outside assignments as well as passing a final exam. In addition to the many hours you will spend with Ame & Brenna, this program also offers an opportunity to study with many of Boston and New York’s finest teachers in a small setting. There will be ample practice time and you can expect to learn a lot. In addition, this program is a community. You will be immersed in yoga alongside other likeminded individuals.
GUEST FACULTY & TOPICS:
- Anatomy, Physiology & Conscious Embodiment with Zachery Dacuk
- Spirituality 101 & Holding Space with Alison Sinatra
- Living Yoga: The 8 Limbs & Subtle Body
- Sutra & Sanskrit Study with Chip Hartranft
- Yin Yoga, Meditation & Buddhist Philosophy with Josh Summers
- Anatomy, Lungs & Breathing/Pranayama with Dr. Lida Hariri
- Modules 1 + 2 - $3,500 (early bird price) - see individual trainings for early bird dates
- Modules 1 + 2 - $3,650 (*payment plan price)
- Module 1 Only - $2,400
- Module 2 Only - $1,400
*OPTIONAL PAYMENT PLAN:
- Enrollment Deposit - $850
- Month 1 - $700
- Month 2 - $700
- Month 3 - $700
- Month 4 - $700
Cancellations made more than 3 weeks prior to the start of the training may receive a full refund less the $800 deposit. Cancellations made within 3 weeks or during training cannot receive a refund.
This program meets and exceeds 200-hour teacher training standards as defined by Yoga Alliance.