Yoga studies Program
After years of leading traditional 200-hour trainings we have decided to change up the format of our foundational program to better meet the needs of our students. Because many modern yogis wish to study yoga without any desire to teach, we have split the program into two modules aimed at those students looking to simply deepen their own practice as well as those students considering a career as a yoga teacher.
Module 1 will encompass a thorough study into the history, philosophy and anatomy of yoga. Module 2 will focus primarily on cultivating the ability to teach yoga with confidence, intelligent and ease. Those hoping to teach yoga professionally must complete both modules. Those simply interested in understanding the practice of yoga may enroll in module 1 without module 2. Those who have completed a 200-hour training elsewhere or have received Ame's permission may also enroll in module 2 alone.
Applicants must have a consistent and dedicated yoga practice. The curriculum is designed to enrich one’s understanding of yoga through classroom study (lecture and practice), reading and writing assignments, and time spent with resourceful and gifted teachers. If accepted, students should be prepared to steep themselves in yoga for the duration of the program, both within the scheduled hours and outside of the classroom.
In addition to the many hours you will spend with your teachers, this program also offers an opportunity to study with many of Boston and beyond's finest teachers in a small setting. There will be ample practice time and you can expect to learn a great deal. This program meets and exceeds 200-hour teacher training standards as defined by Yoga Alliance.
MODULE 1 TOPICS OF STUDY
- Yoga Asana & Architecture: Crafting a Sustainable Practice
- Anatomy & Physiology of Movement 101
- Living the 8 Limbs: Yoga Philosophy & Ethics
- History of Yoga: Text & Tradition Study
- The Art of Pranayama: Breath as an Investment
- Yin & Restorative Yoga
- Mindfulness & Meditation
- Subtle Body & Energetic Anatomy
- Self-Practice: Tools to Maintain Homeostasis
MODULE 2 TOPICS OF STUDY
- Yoga Sequencing: How to be Safe/Smart & Build a Template
- Anatomy for Yoga Teachers: Learning to See & Cultivate Embodiment
- Training Your Voice & Aligning Your Words
- Sanskrit 101
- Practice Teaching & Feedback
- Effective Adjustments & Energetic Assisting
- The Business of Yoga
- Student-Teacher Dynamics & Holding Space
- Avoiding Burn-Out & the Ongoing Practice of Svadyhaya (Self Study)
- A steady and consistent yoga practice
- Willingness to cultivate a meditation practice for the duration of training
- Attendance of all training dates (exceptions/arrangements may be made for previously scheduled travel, illness, and emergencies)
- Completion of all written assignments and ability to demonstrate knowledge produced by reading assignments by the end of training
Graduation from this program is not guaranteed and may be dependent upon fulfilling the above requirements and passing a final exam.
- Modules 1 & 2 Early Bird Price = $3,500 (paid in full by specific early bird date which varies by program)
- Modules 1 & 2 Payment Plan* = $3,650
- Module 1 Only = $2,400
- Module 2 Only = $1,400
*Optional Payment Plan:
- $850 - Non-Refundable Deposit to Secure Enrollment
- $700 - First Month of YTT on the 15th of the Month
- $700 - Second Month of YTT on the 15th of the Month
- $700 - Third Month of YTT on the 15th of the Month
- $700 - Fourth Month of YTT on the 15th of the Month
Cancellations made more than 3 weeks prior to the start of the training may receive a full refund less the non-refundable less deposit. Cancellations made within 3 weeks or during the training will not receive a refund. This policy is firm.To discuss this policy in relation to emergency and unforeseen situations please speak with your program Director(s) privately.